Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Legal


Copyright:
Copyright protects the physical expression of ideas this could be a piece of weighting, photograph music a film or website. It allows the creator of work to have full control over how their work is used. However there are many pieces of original work whereby the copyright has not been released and so its open to be used by anyone. If a piece of work that has been copyrighted used without permission it could lead to prosecution or a large fine.


In my documentary there were many aspects that links to copyright this includes
The music: the music in my documentary is created by an artists called Lady Gaga and I have not obtained consent form the artist to use their footage however because I am only creating my documentary for educational purposes I will not be broadcasting it on a public scale.

Archive footage obtained by you tube and made in Chelsea: in my documentary I have used clips from both made in Chelsea a well known television program on channel 4. and footage form you tube if a swishing event. When editing my documentary I have made a disclaimed that credits both souses.

Trespass
trespass is whereby an individual enters property without the owners permission for example if someone was to enter an abandoned building without permission to film they could be prosecuted as the owner of the land has not given permission.

Trespassing had quite a large impact on my documentary an this is because when I went to film at south side shopping centre I did not have permission and so was told I was not allowed to be on site with the camera. However I still managed to get the shop is needed for my cutaways. Due to not having formal consent I will not be broadcasting my documentary on a public scale.

Libel
Libel is whereby false writing, images, signs or pictures are released that could damage a persons reputation a good example of this would be a celebrity, if their was information released about David Beckham that was not true he this would fall under the libel law and he could take action against them.

The footage I had taken at the global action plan will only be to endorse swishing and I will not be saying anything negative that could damage there reputation.

Privacy
breaching of privacy includes filming people without there consent even if they are just passing by and get in the shot. Privacy is also breached when an individual is asked personal questions and its used on the final media production.

When filming the focus group at lavish habit (café) I did not obtain consent from the public who where in the background of my footage and therefore I will not be able to publicly showcase my documentary as this could result to complication if there people on the footage take action against the documentary.

Consent
when filming a documentary consent form each person that is going to be on the footage is crucial as if this is not done you could be taken to court and sued if someone decides they don’t want to be on the camera any more. A consent form will be signed by the person who is going to be filmed and will allows the creator to have full rights over the footage, it will state that they do no mind being used for the purpose.

When going filming my interviews and focus groups I had to ensure that I had got everyone who was going to be showcased to sign a a consent form stating that they did not mind being used and agreed for me to have full control over their footage however, because I did not have the content of passers by I will have to ensure that its not broadcaster publicly

No comments:

Post a Comment